ViiHM Privacy notice
Who does ViiHM process data about?
We process data for people in three categories: ViiHM Members, those with a ViiHM Website profile, and those who have registered for a ViiHM meeting.
What personal data will be processed?
- For ViiHM Members we process your name, email address, title (eg Dr), positions (eg Research Associate), affiliation, Website, Membership status, Role within ViiHM, Discipline (eg computer vision), research themes, and expertise.
- For those with a profile we additionally process your home town and photograph / avatar.
- For those registered for a meeting we also process their registration, accommodation and food requirements for that meeting including dietary requirements.
What is the purpose of the processing?
- We use member data to keep people updated with regard to the network activities, upcoming events, events organised by other parties that we think may be relevant to ViiHM members and similar uses. We may also use member data to connect members with one another.
- Profile data are used to enable members to communicate with each other directly and is visible to the public unless the member restricts such access.
- Data associated with meeting registrations maybe shared with the venue and used for the purpose of planning the meeting.
What is the legal basis for the processing?
- The legal basis for processing member and profile data is consent.
- The legal basis for processing registration data is fulfillment of the contract to provide the meeting, accommodation food etc. to the registrant.
Who will your personal data be shared with?
- Member data may be shared with other members and with other parties but only with additional consent on your part.
- Profile data may be shared publically but individuals can restrict such visibility.
- Limited registration data may be shared with venue / conference providers where necessary to facilitate the provision of the meeting to the registrant.
- We will share date when compelled to do so by a legal authority.
How long is your data kept?
- Member and profile data may be kept indefinitely or for such time as ViiHM remains and active group. We periodically review the membership list removing those who no longer have an active e-mail address.
- Meeting registration data is destroyed after a period of 1 year following the event allowing continued processing in relation to post-meeting issues.
Your rights in relation to your data?
- Member and profile data will be destroyed on written request including a verified e-mail request.
- You may additionally remove your own profile or restrict access to your profile data via our website www.viihm.org.uk.
- Registration data can be destroyed on termination of the registration.
Who is the data controller and data processor for ViiHM?
ViiHM membership data is controlled and processed by the University of Birmingham in accordance with its data protection policies and the Data Protection Act 2018.